(Maximum 16 Delegates)
This one day mental health awareness and skills course qualifies employees as MHFA Champions, giving them:
- Knowledge and confidence to provide Mental Health First Aid for the most common mental health issues.
- An understanding of how to help build a mentally healthy workplace, challenge stigma and support positive wellbeing.
- One day face to face or online course.
- Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities.
- We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A certificate of attendance to say they are a MHFA Champion
- A manual to refer to whenever they need it
- A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support their own mental health
Session 1 (Morning)
- About Mental Health First Aid
- About mental health and stress in the workplace
- Stigma and discrimination
- Anxiety disorders
- Other mental health issues (eating disorders, self-harm, psychosis)
- Early warning signs of mental ill health
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health.
Session 2 (Afternoon)
- Applying the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Building a mentally healthy workplace, action planning for using MHFA